Main areas of application:
- Construction joints in wall/floor areas in contact with pressurized and non-pressurized water
- Wall/wall and floor/floor construction joints, or wall/ceiling areas
- Joints between prefabricated components: wall/floor, corner joints, and predetermined breaking points
CEMflex® VB is also highly effective when combined with PVC Expansion Joint Water-bars for sealing the joint between Movement Joints and Non-Movement Joints
Technology – How does Cemflex work?
When fresh concrete is placed around Cemflex® VB Plate waterstop, the alkalinity (pH>11) of the concrete activates the patented coating producing a chemical reaction, causing the patented coating to soften and expand slightly, thus improving its osmotic effect. This allows it to penetrate deeply into any cracks in the concrete where it crystallizes and seals the oncrete.
This means that limestone created by the CHP (Calcium Hydroxide Penetration) process penetrates deep into the capillaries of the concrete.
The Cemflex® VB coating generates microscopic needles and fibers fusing within the body of the concrete, sealing capillaries and shrinkage cracks reliably and permanently, whilst continuously displacing moisture for the lifetime of the structure.
Without moisture, the components of the special coating do not react. Once installed, the patented coating on Cemflex® VB has infinite sealing ability. Should water or moisture come into contact with the coating at any time in the future, the coating will re-activate and repeat the sealing process. In doing so, the crystallization and fusion processes penetrate even deeper into the structure of the concrete.
Unlike conventional crystallization waterproofing, the Cemflex® VB active process does not create any salts which could potentially have an adverse effect on the reinforcing steel supporting the concrete structure.
Installation – Benefits
- Quick and easy to install without welding or special fitting
- May be installed before the concrete is poured, or installed directly
- Requires only 30mm of concrete cover to function correctly
- No sticky protection tape to be removed prior to use
- Bonding the overlaps is not required
- May be installed in all weather conditions as Cemflex® VB is only activated by the alkalinity of fresh concrete.
- The simple design dramatically reduces the potential for poor installation or expensive remedial works
- For specific installation instructions, please refer to Cemflex® VB product brochure or contact your local Cemproof technical support
APPROVALS / CERTIFICATIONS
- BBA Agrément Certificate 15/5194
- CE – Conformité Européene (DIBt / ETA-16/0601)
- MPA – Building Supervisor’s General Test Certificate
- iBMB (P-5147/258/09) General German Public Test Report
- Nordic Swan Ecolabel
- Tested up to 8 bar water pressure (Vattenfall Rapport PR.117.21)
- 80 year service The Public German Railway Authority life
- Drinking Water Approval (DVGW Code of Practice W 347)
- Oil-, gasoline- and fuel-resistance test (DIBT Approval Z-74.10-138)